PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship game against Luton - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Farke confirmed Max Aarons' is fit and available after the England Under-21 defender suffered a shin injury in the closing stages of the 1-1 Championship draw at Coventry City.
Farke was without 12 senior players, including the suspended Emi Buendia, who comes back into contention for the trip to Kenilworth Road.
Lukas Rupp (hamstring) was another notable absentee against the Sky Blues along with Teemu Pukki (hamstring). Pukki has an outside chance to be fit for the Hatters but is expected to definitely return for Sheffield Wednesday's weekend visit. Rupp is expected to be out for a fortnight.
Tim Krul (thigh), Kenny McLean (knee), Todd Cantwell (hip) and Jordan Hugill (shoulder) are out for the next few weeks.
Farke suggested Krul could return slightly ahead of his original three week schedule, while McLean could be available for the Christmas period with the Scot at this stage not requiring surgery. Hugill is awaiting further tests but is another who might return in the shorter term over the coming weeks.
Kieran Dowell (ankle) is also set for a return to light training in the next week, and could be available for the festive swing.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
Xavi Quintilla (hip) remains sidelined, with Farke so far unwilling to provide a timeline on his potential return. The Spaniard has returned to his parent club, Villarreal, in a bid to solve his hip problem.
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Sam Byram (hamstring), Adam Idah (knee) and Bali Mumba (knee) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
Moritz Leitner is not part of the plans for the new season. Farke indicated Josip Drmic could come back into his plans later this month last Friday, after a period of quarantine for a recent trip to Switzerland.
Drmic took to his own social media on Saturday night to suggest he is fit but not expecting to be involved.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the key points in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game against Luton Town throughout the day on pinkun.com