Canaries make double swoop
Norwich City today completed the double signing of Danish defender Jens Berthel Askou and Serbian striker Goran Maric.Both players joined on Bosman deals with Askou signing a two-year contract while former Barcelona B hitman Maric put pen to paper for one-year.
Norwich City today completed the double signing of Danish defender Jens Berthel Askou and Serbian striker Goran Maric.
Both players joined on Bosman deals with Askou signing a two-year contract while former Barcelona B hitman Maric put pen to paper for one-year. It takes the total number of summer signings by boss Bryan Gunn to 12.
He said: "Both lads were with us up in Scotland and we felt they were at the right level to offer both of them contracts.
"Both adapted well to our style of play and the physical elements, which will be needed in League One this season. I'm obviously delighted they have signed - both had offers from other clubs, but the attractiveness of Norwich City Football Club - the facilities and supporters have all played their part again.
You may also want to watch:
"They have boosted numbers in the squad and bring healthy competition in the much needed areas of striker and defence and we look forward to working with them," added Gunn on the club's official website, www.canaries.co.uk
Maric, 25, scored two goals in three games while on the pre-season tour of Scotland, netting against St Johnstone and Airdrie United. Maric has spent his career to date in his adopted country Spain and joins after a season on loan with Barcelona B from Celta Vigo.
- 1 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leverkusen are main rival for Celtic star
- 3 City not pursuing Holland winger linked as summer target
- 4 Promotion winning former City defender retires
- 5 Q&A: Assessing City's Premier League prospects with Dave and Connor
- 6 No regrets just life lessons for City old boy
- 7 A-Z: Crystal Palace in limbo until they find new boss
- 8 Canaries reveal squad values for Fantasy Premier League
- 9 City can cut it in the Premier League for Morris
- 10 Mourinho praise for City defender after Euro2020 accolade
Meanwhile, 26-year-old Askou joined Bryan Gunn's squad in Scotland, scoring the third goal against Airdrie United. The Dane returned to Norfolk to train with the Canaries and played the full 90 minutes last Saturday in the 1-1 draw with a Manchester United XI side at Carrow Road.
Askou joins after spending two years in Turkey with top-flight side Kasimpasa, where he made 57 appearances in all competitions, scoring twice. Before moving abroad, Jens played for Danish sides Silkeborg and Holstebro.