Canaries make double swoop
Norwich City today completed the double signing of Danish defender Jens Berthel Askou and Serbian striker Goran Maric.Both players joined on Bosman deals with Askou signing a two-year contract while former Barcelona B hitman Maric put pen to paper for one-year.
Norwich City today completed the double signing of Danish defender Jens Berthel Askou and Serbian striker Goran Maric.
Both players joined on Bosman deals with Askou signing a two-year contract while former Barcelona B hitman Maric put pen to paper for one-year. It takes the total number of summer signings by boss Bryan Gunn to 12.
He said: "Both lads were with us up in Scotland and we felt they were at the right level to offer both of them contracts.
"Both adapted well to our style of play and the physical elements, which will be needed in League One this season. I'm obviously delighted they have signed - both had offers from other clubs, but the attractiveness of Norwich City Football Club - the facilities and supporters have all played their part again.
You may also want to watch:
"They have boosted numbers in the squad and bring healthy competition in the much needed areas of striker and defence and we look forward to working with them," added Gunn on the club's official website, www.canaries.co.uk
Maric, 25, scored two goals in three games while on the pre-season tour of Scotland, netting against St Johnstone and Airdrie United. Maric has spent his career to date in his adopted country Spain and joins after a season on loan with Barcelona B from Celta Vigo.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 10 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
Meanwhile, 26-year-old Askou joined Bryan Gunn's squad in Scotland, scoring the third goal against Airdrie United. The Dane returned to Norfolk to train with the Canaries and played the full 90 minutes last Saturday in the 1-1 draw with a Manchester United XI side at Carrow Road.
Askou joins after spending two years in Turkey with top-flight side Kasimpasa, where he made 57 appearances in all competitions, scoring twice. Before moving abroad, Jens played for Danish sides Silkeborg and Holstebro.