Who was your Norwich City man-of-the-match against Derby County?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City ran out of steam against Derby County - but who was the best City performer in a losing cause at Carrow Road?
Daniel Farke warned prior to the game this would be a major test of his depleted resources after a hectic week that included derby success at Ipswich Town and a spirited League Cup exit at Arsenal.
Farke made three changes from the line up at the Emirates and Marco Stiepermann tried to impress on his recall with a thumping shot against the bar in the first period before a tame effort blocked by the falling Scott Carson on his goal line after the interval.
On the opposite flank, captain Ivo Pinto was the main attacking outlet in the first half with a series of penetrative bursts down the right flank to try and force the pace.
Tom Trybull’s range of passing and some of his close control was a joy to watch at times, but only when Yanic Wildschut was introduced in the second half did the Norwich midfield look to really stretch Derby.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Murphy may think twice about trying to stay on his feet next time after a contentious tangle with Carson that brought only a corner, but he did force the keeper to parry from range and teed up Stiepermann for his close range chance following the interval. James Maddison was again a key figure in City’s patient build up play without adding the final touches from recent displays.
Our City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, felt Pinto did more than most to lead by example in a game that proved too far after recent exertions.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 8 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
• Cast your vote in the poll.