Who was your Norwich City man-of-the-match against Derby County?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City ran out of steam against Derby County - but who was the best City performer in a losing cause at Carrow Road?
Daniel Farke warned prior to the game this would be a major test of his depleted resources after a hectic week that included derby success at Ipswich Town and a spirited League Cup exit at Arsenal.
Farke made three changes from the line up at the Emirates and Marco Stiepermann tried to impress on his recall with a thumping shot against the bar in the first period before a tame effort blocked by the falling Scott Carson on his goal line after the interval.
On the opposite flank, captain Ivo Pinto was the main attacking outlet in the first half with a series of penetrative bursts down the right flank to try and force the pace.
Tom Trybull’s range of passing and some of his close control was a joy to watch at times, but only when Yanic Wildschut was introduced in the second half did the Norwich midfield look to really stretch Derby.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Murphy may think twice about trying to stay on his feet next time after a contentious tangle with Carson that brought only a corner, but he did force the keeper to parry from range and teed up Stiepermann for his close range chance following the interval. James Maddison was again a key figure in City’s patient build up play without adding the final touches from recent displays.
Our City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, felt Pinto did more than most to lead by example in a game that proved too far after recent exertions.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
• Cast your vote in the poll.