Who was your Norwich City man-of-the-match against Reading?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City bounced into the international break at Reading on a seven-match unbeaten run - but who was your star performer?
City were tested at points in the first half, and saw their proud clean sheet league record end three minutes after James Maddison’s wonderful free kick had put them in fornt at the Madejski. Cameron Jerome lost Liam Moore at the far post, who headed Sone Aluko’s set piece past Angus Gunn, but Jerome made amends with a far post header of his own to slot Maddison’s deep free kick.
Both have been key factors in the two away wins at Middlesbrough and Reading in recent days. Maddison continues to blossom in a central role and impressed again despite coming in for some rough treatment from the Royals that saw him depart with a bloodied ankle wrapped in an ice pack.
Josh Murphy was also in the wars on his return, suffering a foot injury, but Murphy was involved in both City goals and showed enough to please his head coach.
Christoph Zimmermann was a commanding aerial presence at the back when Reading increasingly went more direct and Tom Trybull and Alex Tettey remain a resolute barrier.
You may also want to watch:
Our City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, felt Maddison’s pivotal role should earn him top billing.
• Cast your vote in the poll.
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 3 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 4 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 5 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Hanley a big fan of new City star
- 10 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams