Who was your Norwich City man-of-the-match against Reading?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City bounced into the international break at Reading on a seven-match unbeaten run - but who was your star performer?
City were tested at points in the first half, and saw their proud clean sheet league record end three minutes after James Maddison’s wonderful free kick had put them in fornt at the Madejski. Cameron Jerome lost Liam Moore at the far post, who headed Sone Aluko’s set piece past Angus Gunn, but Jerome made amends with a far post header of his own to slot Maddison’s deep free kick.
Both have been key factors in the two away wins at Middlesbrough and Reading in recent days. Maddison continues to blossom in a central role and impressed again despite coming in for some rough treatment from the Royals that saw him depart with a bloodied ankle wrapped in an ice pack.
Josh Murphy was also in the wars on his return, suffering a foot injury, but Murphy was involved in both City goals and showed enough to please his head coach.
Christoph Zimmermann was a commanding aerial presence at the back when Reading increasingly went more direct and Tom Trybull and Alex Tettey remain a resolute barrier.
You may also want to watch:
Our City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, felt Maddison’s pivotal role should earn him top billing.
• Cast your vote in the poll.
- 1 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 7 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 8 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 10 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut