Who was your Norwich City man-of-the-match against Hull City?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
City staged a last-ditch recovery mission, with Nelson Oliveira’s flick proving one of the final acts in a dramatic finale at Carrow Road to finally end 10-man Hull City’s resistance.
Daniel Farke’s side looked to have run out of ideas when Cameron Jerome attacked Marco Stiepermann’s long throw at the near post and Oliveira reacted quickest to divert the ball home from close range on his return from a groin injury.
The scale of the celebrations, led by Farke himself ass the raced onto the pitch, underlined how important a result this could be in the bigger picture on an afternoon when the hosts again struggled on home soil.
Ivo Pinto was a constant mass of energy and attacking intent down the right, particularly in the second half search to cancel out the Tigers’ opener, and James Maddison again emerged as a prominent actor. The young midfielder clipped the outside of a post and was then thwarted by Allan McGregor before dragging an angled shot wide following the interval.
Tom Trybull had to adapt to the absence of the injured Alex Tettey, while Yanic Wildschut was heavily involved in many of City’s most promising moments.
You may also want to watch:
Despite Oliveira’s match-saving intervention our City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, felt Maddison was again the stand out performer despite coming in for some rough treatment from David Meyler on too many occasions.
• Cast your vote in the poll.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 4 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 5 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 6 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 9 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push