‘Carrow Road was buzzing. My dressing room was buzzing’ - Farke savours special win over the champions
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke admitted Norwich City’s 3-2 Premier League win over Manchester City was one of the best feelings of his coaching career.
Farke plotted a remarkable win for his depleted Canaries' squad in front of a raucous Carrow Road crowd to stun Pep Guardiola's champions.
"It is definitely a proud night for me personally," he said. "To win against a world class team, world class coach was special. Carrow Road was buzzing, my dressing room was buzzing. It is win for the key people as well, for Delia and Michael. We can't ask for better owners. They lead this club with so much passion, so kind-hearted and they deserve this night.
"I always believe in my players. We know we were not the favourites but we play football to achieve something extraordinary. We have played some decent sides and the results have not always been in our favour. The mood was tough with the injuries but it seems we found the right words.
"The mentality, spirit and togetherness was brilliant. A brilliant night for everyone involved in Norwich City.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a complicated game. We played one of the best teams in the world. A team who knows what they are playing for when each and every point counts. They were highly motivated. Then you look at our situation with many key players unavailable. We had a difficult week. It was tough to find the right decisions. We had to play slightly differently. We had to try and allow Manchester City possession in certain areas and certain players. It was complicated to prepare this game. But my lads fulfilled everything in a perfect way."
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and the City curse
- 4 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 7 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 8 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 9 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 10 Thankless task for makeshift striker Marco in Coventry draw