‘Carrow Road was buzzing. My dressing room was buzzing’ - Farke savours special win over the champions
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke admitted Norwich City’s 3-2 Premier League win over Manchester City was one of the best feelings of his coaching career.
Farke plotted a remarkable win for his depleted Canaries' squad in front of a raucous Carrow Road crowd to stun Pep Guardiola's champions.
"It is definitely a proud night for me personally," he said. "To win against a world class team, world class coach was special. Carrow Road was buzzing, my dressing room was buzzing. It is win for the key people as well, for Delia and Michael. We can't ask for better owners. They lead this club with so much passion, so kind-hearted and they deserve this night.
"I always believe in my players. We know we were not the favourites but we play football to achieve something extraordinary. We have played some decent sides and the results have not always been in our favour. The mood was tough with the injuries but it seems we found the right words.
"The mentality, spirit and togetherness was brilliant. A brilliant night for everyone involved in Norwich City.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a complicated game. We played one of the best teams in the world. A team who knows what they are playing for when each and every point counts. They were highly motivated. Then you look at our situation with many key players unavailable. We had a difficult week. It was tough to find the right decisions. We had to play slightly differently. We had to try and allow Manchester City possession in certain areas and certain players. It was complicated to prepare this game. But my lads fulfilled everything in a perfect way."
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder