Norwich City v Manchester City - Horror injury news for Canaries
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League televised home game against Manchester City on Saturday evening - and we had all the key lines from Colney.
City announced in the first week of the international break Timm Klose (knee), Christoph Zimmermann (ankle) and Tom Trybull (ankle) will be missing for the forseeable future. Trybull is expected to be out for up to six weeks but there was no initial timeline on either of the club's centre backs.
Head coach Daniel Farke provided a gloomy update on all three, including the latest on Grant Hanley's recovery from the groin problem that kept him out against West Ham, when he spoke to the media on Friday afternoon at Colney.
Max Aarons was also forced off with an ankle problem in the closing stages of Monday's England Under-21s 2-0 qualifying win over Kosovo's Under-21s - and there was bad news from Farke regarding how long he will be out.
England Under-21 international team mate Ben Godfrey (calf) is also a major doubt for the Citizens' Saturday visit. Tim Krul is expected to recover from a minor elbow problem.
You may also want to watch:
But Moritz Leitner (calf), Mario Vrancic (calf) and Onel Hernandez (knee) are also out this weekend and Patrick Roberts in ineligible against his parent club.
Pep Guardiola's squad have only dropped two points in the opening four Premier League games of their title defence.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 5 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- Recap the main lines from the blog in the window above with full reaction and build up to City's Premier League duel against the champions throughout the day on pinkun.com