Norwich City v Manchester City - Horror injury news for Canaries
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League televised home game against Manchester City on Saturday evening - and we had all the key lines from Colney.
City announced in the first week of the international break Timm Klose (knee), Christoph Zimmermann (ankle) and Tom Trybull (ankle) will be missing for the forseeable future. Trybull is expected to be out for up to six weeks but there was no initial timeline on either of the club's centre backs.
Head coach Daniel Farke provided a gloomy update on all three, including the latest on Grant Hanley's recovery from the groin problem that kept him out against West Ham, when he spoke to the media on Friday afternoon at Colney.
Max Aarons was also forced off with an ankle problem in the closing stages of Monday's England Under-21s 2-0 qualifying win over Kosovo's Under-21s - and there was bad news from Farke regarding how long he will be out.
England Under-21 international team mate Ben Godfrey (calf) is also a major doubt for the Citizens' Saturday visit. Tim Krul is expected to recover from a minor elbow problem.
You may also want to watch:
But Moritz Leitner (calf), Mario Vrancic (calf) and Onel Hernandez (knee) are also out this weekend and Patrick Roberts in ineligible against his parent club.
Pep Guardiola's squad have only dropped two points in the opening four Premier League games of their title defence.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 8 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 9 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 10 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- Recap the main lines from the blog in the window above with full reaction and build up to City's Premier League duel against the champions throughout the day on pinkun.com