Norwich City Premier League debate - Your questions answered by Paddy
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Canaries treated their fans to one of the best games Carrow Road has ever witnessed to stun Premier League champions Manchester City.
Few inside Norfolk, let along outside, gave Daniel Farke's depleted squad any hope of halting Pep Guardiola and a world class visiting line up.
But the hosts pulled off a tactical masterclass of counter attacking verve, set piece sorcery and resolute defending roared on by a frenzied home support.
The likes of Ibrahim Amadou and Sam Byram sparkled on their full Premier League debuts for the club following summer arrivals. While Alex Tettey turned back the clock in only his second start for months to captain the side.
At the sharp end Teemu Pukki, Emi Buendia, Todd Cantwell and Marco Stiepermann cashed in on a defensive frailty for the champions.
You may also want to watch:
Many ranked it the best win in the modern era given the chronic injury list. Farke attempted to play things down in the frenetic aftermath but Norwich will now head to Burnley this weekend in bullish mood.
Recap the topics discussed from a truly memorable win, as well as what Burnley might hold in store and whether you would make any changes to the staring line up, with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 4 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 5 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 6 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 7 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 8 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 9 'We need to adapt' - Skipp keen to share the goals around in Pukki's absence
- 10 'He is a very understated person' - Pulis relishing Farke reunion at Carrow Road