Norwich City Premier League debate - Your questions answered by Paddy
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Canaries treated their fans to one of the best games Carrow Road has ever witnessed to stun Premier League champions Manchester City.
Few inside Norfolk, let along outside, gave Daniel Farke's depleted squad any hope of halting Pep Guardiola and a world class visiting line up.
But the hosts pulled off a tactical masterclass of counter attacking verve, set piece sorcery and resolute defending roared on by a frenzied home support.
The likes of Ibrahim Amadou and Sam Byram sparkled on their full Premier League debuts for the club following summer arrivals. While Alex Tettey turned back the clock in only his second start for months to captain the side.
At the sharp end Teemu Pukki, Emi Buendia, Todd Cantwell and Marco Stiepermann cashed in on a defensive frailty for the champions.
You may also want to watch:
Many ranked it the best win in the modern era given the chronic injury list. Farke attempted to play things down in the frenetic aftermath but Norwich will now head to Burnley this weekend in bullish mood.
Recap the topics discussed from a truly memorable win, as well as what Burnley might hold in store and whether you would make any changes to the staring line up, with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 "He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed with Norwich
- 3 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 City keeper issues injury update
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win