Team selector: Who should start for Norwich City against Manchester City?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke delivered an horrific injury bulletin ahead of Manchester City’s Premier League visit Here’s your chance to pick your team.
City announced in the first week of the international break Timm Klose (knee), Christoph Zimmermann (ankle) and Tom Trybull (ankle) will be missing for the forseeable future. Trybull is expected to be out for up to six weeks but there was no initial timeline on either of the club's centre backs.
Head coach Daniel Farke provided a gloomy update on all three, including the latest on Grant Hanley's recovery from the groin problem that kept him out against West Ham, when he spoke to the media on Friday afternoon at Colney.
Max Aarons was also forced off with an ankle problem in the closing stages of Monday's England Under-21s 2-0 qualifying win over Kosovo's Under-21s - and there was bad news from Farke regarding how long he will be out.
England Under-21 international team mate Ben Godfrey (calf) is also a major doubt for the Citizens' Saturday visit. Tim Krul is expected to recover from a minor elbow problem.
But Moritz Leitner (calf), Mario Vrancic (calf) and Onel Hernandez (knee) are also out this weekend and Patrick Roberts in ineligible against his parent club.
You may also want to watch:
If you were in Farke's shoes who would you chose from the fit and available options?
- Let us know your preferred starting line-up by selecting your 11 players above
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 How to claim a free Norwich City sticker book