Team selector: Who should start for Norwich City against Manchester City?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke delivered an horrific injury bulletin ahead of Manchester City’s Premier League visit Here’s your chance to pick your team.
City announced in the first week of the international break Timm Klose (knee), Christoph Zimmermann (ankle) and Tom Trybull (ankle) will be missing for the forseeable future. Trybull is expected to be out for up to six weeks but there was no initial timeline on either of the club's centre backs.
Head coach Daniel Farke provided a gloomy update on all three, including the latest on Grant Hanley's recovery from the groin problem that kept him out against West Ham, when he spoke to the media on Friday afternoon at Colney.
Max Aarons was also forced off with an ankle problem in the closing stages of Monday's England Under-21s 2-0 qualifying win over Kosovo's Under-21s - and there was bad news from Farke regarding how long he will be out.
England Under-21 international team mate Ben Godfrey (calf) is also a major doubt for the Citizens' Saturday visit. Tim Krul is expected to recover from a minor elbow problem.
But Moritz Leitner (calf), Mario Vrancic (calf) and Onel Hernandez (knee) are also out this weekend and Patrick Roberts in ineligible against his parent club.
You may also want to watch:
If you were in Farke's shoes who would you chose from the fit and available options?
- Let us know your preferred starting line-up by selecting your 11 players above
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 9 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed