Team selector: Who should start for Norwich City against Manchester City?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke delivered an horrific injury bulletin ahead of Manchester City’s Premier League visit Here’s your chance to pick your team.
City announced in the first week of the international break Timm Klose (knee), Christoph Zimmermann (ankle) and Tom Trybull (ankle) will be missing for the forseeable future. Trybull is expected to be out for up to six weeks but there was no initial timeline on either of the club's centre backs.
Head coach Daniel Farke provided a gloomy update on all three, including the latest on Grant Hanley's recovery from the groin problem that kept him out against West Ham, when he spoke to the media on Friday afternoon at Colney.
Max Aarons was also forced off with an ankle problem in the closing stages of Monday's England Under-21s 2-0 qualifying win over Kosovo's Under-21s - and there was bad news from Farke regarding how long he will be out.
England Under-21 international team mate Ben Godfrey (calf) is also a major doubt for the Citizens' Saturday visit. Tim Krul is expected to recover from a minor elbow problem.
But Moritz Leitner (calf), Mario Vrancic (calf) and Onel Hernandez (knee) are also out this weekend and Patrick Roberts in ineligible against his parent club.
You may also want to watch:
If you were in Farke's shoes who would you chose from the fit and available options?
- Let us know your preferred starting line-up by selecting your 11 players above
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits