Norwich City Premier League debate - Your questions answered by Paddy
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Have you ever witnessed a better goalkeeping display in a losing effort than Norwich City number one Tim Krul’s heroics against Manchester United?
Krul saved two VAR-awarded penalties on, even by the Canaries' recent standards, a bizarre episode at Carrow Road on Sunday afternoon.
The Dutchman also foiled Anthony Martial with a world class parry but is now a fresh injury concern after damaging his knee in colliding with Ibrahim Amadou trying to prevent Martial adding a third goal for the visitors.
Both players continue to be assessed by City's medical staff after another bruising encounter for Daniel Farke's squad that highlighted yet again the scale of the task in trying to defy the odds.
Farke and his opposite number, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, both had plenty to say about the role of the video assistant referee in the first half at Carrow Road. That will rumble on for a few days as the fallout continues.
You may also want to watch:
Recap all the key topics discussed from defeat to Manchester United, as well as those fresh injury concerns and what upcoming games against Brighton and Watford might hold in store, with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push