PRESSER LIVE: Middlesbrough v Norwich City - Mumba and Idah out injured for 10 weeks
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship game at Middlesbrough - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
City put a seven-match unbeaten league run on the line after an impressive surge prior to the international break edged them within a point of early leaders Reading. Middlesbrough have lost only once in the league under Neil Warnock’s guidance, and the Teessiders’ chief was named manager-of-the-month last week, with Farke also on the shortlist.
The City chief delivered mixed injury news. Bali Mumba has suffered a knee ligament injury in training and is expected to be ruled out for 10 weeks. Adam Idah has suffered a similar issue on international duty with the Republic of Ireland and is expected to miss the same period.
First choice left back Xavi Quintilla remains sidelined after sitting out the previous four games with a hip flexor problem. Farke was unwilling to offer any timescale on when the Spaniard is expected to return.
On the positive side of the ledger Grant Hanley (hamstring) and Max Aarons (head) are both available this weekend after pulling out of duty for their respective countries over the international break.
You may also want to watch:
City’s win over Swansea prior to the break was achieved without Ben Gibson, Lukas Rupp and Todd Cantwell. Farke confirmed all three had trained this week and will be in contention this weekend. Left back
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle) and Sam Byram (hamstring) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
- 1 ‘Norwich is a cracking club’ - Warnock explains why Boro couldn’t sign Gibson
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Paddy’s Pointers: Five observations from Norwich City’s eventful 3-2 Championship win against Stoke City
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Norwich City player ratings after a 3-2 Championship victory at Stoke City
- 5 City defender Gibson hopes win over Stoke will silence the critics
- 6 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 7 Stoke City 2-3 Norwich City: Buendia red card, Krul injury but Canaries stay top of the Championship
- 8 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 9 'We complement each other quite nicely' - Gibson on growing partnership with Hanley
- 10 Connor Southwell: There's plenty to admire about Norwich City's response to relegation
While Josip Drmic and Moritz Leitner are not part of the plans.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the key points in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game against Boro throughout the day on pinkun.com