PRESSER LIVE: Middlesbrough v Norwich City - Mumba and Idah out injured for 10 weeks
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship game at Middlesbrough - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
City put a seven-match unbeaten league run on the line after an impressive surge prior to the international break edged them within a point of early leaders Reading. Middlesbrough have lost only once in the league under Neil Warnock’s guidance, and the Teessiders’ chief was named manager-of-the-month last week, with Farke also on the shortlist.
The City chief delivered mixed injury news. Bali Mumba has suffered a knee ligament injury in training and is expected to be ruled out for 10 weeks. Adam Idah has suffered a similar issue on international duty with the Republic of Ireland and is expected to miss the same period.
First choice left back Xavi Quintilla remains sidelined after sitting out the previous four games with a hip flexor problem. Farke was unwilling to offer any timescale on when the Spaniard is expected to return.
On the positive side of the ledger Grant Hanley (hamstring) and Max Aarons (head) are both available this weekend after pulling out of duty for their respective countries over the international break.
You may also want to watch:
City’s win over Swansea prior to the break was achieved without Ben Gibson, Lukas Rupp and Todd Cantwell. Farke confirmed all three had trained this week and will be in contention this weekend. Left back
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle) and Sam Byram (hamstring) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 7 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 10 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
While Josip Drmic and Moritz Leitner are not part of the plans.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the key points in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game against Boro throughout the day on pinkun.com