England World Cup hopeful reveals Norwich City snub
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Callum Wilson is the one who got away for Norwich City.
The Canaries’ lack of attacking punch this season is a major factor hindering Daniel Farke’s squad with only Burton, Bolton and Birmingham scoring fewer than City’s 17 goals in 19 Championship games.
Fit-again Wilson knows a return to the prolific form he was in prior to two cruciate knee ligament injuries could get him on the plane to Russia as part of Gareth Southgate’s England’s World Cup squad.
The Bournemouth striker scored a hat-trick in the Cherries’ recent Premier League 4-0 win over Huddersfield to underline he is back after making his latest comeback in development action against the Canaries last month.
The 25-year-old has revealed he could easily have been lining up for City before opting to link up with Eddie Howe on the south-coast in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
“When I had the choice to sign for Norwich or Bournemouth, everything pointed to Norwich,” he said, speaking to the Mirror, in support of the PlayStation Schools Cup.
“But when I came down here, Eddie Howe talked me through clips on a screen showing how I would fit into the way Bournemouth play.
- 1 ‘Norwich is a cracking club’ - Warnock explains why Boro couldn’t sign Gibson
- 2 Blows for Hugill, McLean and Cantwell as injury crisis deepens for City ahead of trip to Stoke
- 3 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 4 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 5 'We complement each other quite nicely' - Gibson on growing partnership with Hanley
- 6 Connor Southwell: There's plenty to admire about Norwich City's response to relegation
- 7 'I rate him as the best midfield player in the league' - Warnock hails former City star
- 8 Fans return: 2,000 supporters WILL be permitted to attend matches at Carrow Road as Norwich placed in Tier 2
- 9 Former City midfielder Holt resigns as Livingston boss
- 10 'A crazy few weeks' - City star on Barcelona transfer links
“I felt he had a plan for me, and I wasn’t just another striker.
“He really made me feel wanted, and we won promotion in my first season here.”