PRESSER: Arsenal v City - McLean boost, Giannoulis out; Sargent a doubt
- Credit: PA
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League game at Arsenal - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Farke has had limited time to work with all his squad due to the international period, but the City head coach has some added options since defeat to Leicester City with Mathias Normann and Ozan Kabak both in the building.
Farke confirmed the duo are fit and available after international duty. Kenny McLean is also in the mix despite pulling out of Scotland's World Cup qualifying win in Austria for assessment on a knee issue.
The midfielder returned to team training on Thursday and if he suffers no adverse reaction will be in the mix for the Gunners' test.
Dimitris Giannoulis (back/neck) is out after his international duty with Greece. US forward Josh Sargent is also a major doubt with a hamstring issue following his transatlantic return.
Meanwhile, Christoph Zimmermann (ankle) is ruled out this weekend after suffering an issue at training in recent days.
Bali Mumba, however, has returned to team training following a knee issue which ruled him out of contention for the previous Premier League game against Leicester City.
- 1 Farke reveals Tzolis' 'punishment' for penalty gaffe
- 2 PRESSER: Everton v City - Rashica a doubt; Normann and Sargent fit
- 3 Canaries keeper sent out on loan
- 4 City star pencils in Anthony Joshua night out after Everton clash
- 5 Godfrey had out-grown City's Championship quest
- 6 Robin Sainty: Not the reaction City boss hoped for...
- 7 Hanley will answer City critics
- 8 Iwan Roberts: Don't blame formations for Norwich City's poor form
- 9 Farke on why half measures will not do against Benitez
- 10 Derby County struggles vindicate Norwich approach for Farke
Przemyslaw Placheta is yet to play any part this season due to the effects of Covid.
Christos Tzolis did make a return from a calf issue for Greece in a match-defining midweek cameo. Farke admitted at his pre-match press call there was an element of risk with Tzolis joining up with Greece.
The exciting teenage attacker has yet to feature in the Premier League for his new club.
Recap the press conference in the window below, with full reaction and build up to City’s game at Arsenal throughout the rest of the day on pinkun.com