PRESSER: Burnley v City - Gilmour a late call; Cantwell, Zimbo out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League game at Burnley - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss.
The bottom two meet at Turf Moor with City looking for their first points of the new season at the seventh attempt.
Farke provided a full fitness update on those who featured in the 2-0 defeat at Everton.
Billy Gilmour missed training on Wednesday with a foot issue but Farke is optimistic the Chelsea loanee will be available this weekend.
Todd Cantwell is back in training after missing the past nine days for personal reasons. But Farke revealed on Friday he has a slight Achilles issue and will not come back into contention until after the international break.
Christoph Zimmermann remains out this weekend (ankle).
Przemyslaw Placheta is back in team training after being diagnosed with Covid before the start of the season. Sam Byram has also took part in some sessions with the first team squad this past week but neither are in contention for Saturday.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Normann and Cantwell fit for City's battle with Brighton
- 3 Why leaving Brighton was the ‘best decision’ of City midfielder’s career
- 4 'They need to step up' - City legend wants more from summer signings
- 5 'They're fighting' - Brighton boss believes City will find first win soon
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Jet-setting Canaries have never had it so good!
- 7 Farke is sure 'baller' Gilmour will make his impact at City
- 8 Norwich City accept police invite to help tackle online racism
- 9 Ian Clarke: I'd absolutely love it if Norwich City can stick it to the critics
- 10 Should Gilmour start for City against Seagulls?
Milot Rashica missed one day's training to attend the birth of his child but is available.
Recap the press conference in the window below, with full reaction and build up to City’s game at Burnley throughout the rest of the day on pinkun.com