Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- Credit: Imago/PA Images
Norwich City have reached an agreement with PAOK over the signing of attacker Christos Tzolis.
As we exclusively revealed on Thursday, the Canaries are in advanced negotiations and have seen a €12m package for the 19-year-old accepted. A club record deal is expected to be completed in the coming days.
PAOK have rebuffed City's previous offers but Norwich were determined to add the Greek international for the Premier League push, who they have tracked for the past 12 months.
The teenager is set to sign a five-year contract according to reports in Greece, although that could be broken down into a four-year deal with a club option for a further year.
Club Brugge made a late attempt to join the race to sign Tzolis, but the winger is now expected to fly to England to complete the formalities of his move to the Premier League newboys.
Tzolis, who featured in midweek for PAOK in the European Conference League, was previously linked with Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund after an eye-catching breakthrough in Greek football.
It is believed the player was extremely keen on a move to England and the clubs share a strong relationship after his former club mate, Dimitris Giannoulis, moved to Carrow Road in January before completing a permanent summer switch. City's left-back is understood to have held a conversation with the winger about the move.
- 1 Webber on Farke future and his own contract
- 2 Ferguson knew ex-City captain would excel in management
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Should Farke pick up the phone to Neil?
- 4 'Scandalous, a disgrace' - City chief hits backs at haters
- 5 'Don't give up on us now' - Webber plea to City fans
- 6 Buendia sale crucial to £21.5m profit that helped fund City's summer revamp
- 7 Webber defends City's summer recruitment
- 8 Former City striker takes caretaker charge of Championship side
- 9 City chiefs 'very proud' of financial results amid Covid-19 challenges
- 10 'Fans are not the issue' - Mixed reaction to City chief's call for unity
The chase for Tzolis is unrelated to the speculation surrounding Todd Cantwell, who has been linked with a move to Aston Villa should the formalities of Jack Grealish's move to Manchester City get wrapped up.
Tzolis is set to become the latest summer addition after Milot Rashica, Angus Gunn, Billy Gilmour and Pierre Lees-Melou, who have all committed to the Canaries ahead of their upcoming Premier League campaign.
City remain active in the window and hope to also wrap up a deal for a full-back, with Brandon Williams a player of interest, a central midfielder, a centre back and a striker.
Talks to sign the Manchester United youngster aren't at an advanced stage at present, but City are hoping to add the 20-year-old to their squad this summer.
The Canaries have until 11pm on August 30 to complete their transfer dealings.