NCFC LIVE: Canaries begin pre-season with Dereham Town trip
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City begin their preparations for the 2022/23 Championship season tonight with a short trip up the A47 to Aldiss Park to face Dereham Town - and you can follow updates live with our matchday blog.
Dean Smith's side will kickstart their warm-up matches with an encounter against the non-league side, in-front of a strong crowd hoping to witness a positive performance for their side.
Sporting their new home strip, the hope is that an emphatic performance will help continue to shift the narrative after a tough end to last season's campaign that culminated in Premier League relegation.
Norwich will be without a core of senior players who are enjoying an extended break after playing international fixtures last month, including Teemu Pukki, Tim Krul and Grant Hanley among others.
Dereham are a step four side who will play their football in the Northern Premier League Midlands Division after being moved from the Ismithian North Division. They are managed by ex-City youth player Adam Gusterson.
Smith is expected to rotate his squad heavily throughout this fixture, with improving fitness being the key aim as Norwich build-up to their opening Championship fixture away to Cardiff on July 30.
These teams last met in pre-season in 2014, when Kyle Lafferty's goal secured a 1-0 win for Neil Adams' side.
- 1 'Best thing Chile has produced in years' - expert on City duo
- 2 Canaries to face Bournemouth in Carabao Cup second round
- 3 Carabao Cup: City loanee scores in cup shock; Canaries fan nets winner at Ipswich
- 4 'Stylish' Gibbs gets Smith's vote
- 5 'No, he won't do it again' - Smith on Nunez's cheeky League Cup pen
- 6 Chris Sutton: Cantwell's City comeback could prove the making of him
- 7 Sinani's first City strike years in the making
- 8 City the Championship standard for rival boss
- 9 Ian Clarke: City's shoot-out win capped a fantastic family night
- 10 CANARIES 2 BIRMINGHAM 2 (4-2 pens) - Key moments, ratings and stats
- You can join in with the debate and follow live updates from Aldiss Park throughout the evening with our Canaries correspondent Connor Southwell