City Q&A - with Paddy Davitt and Dave Freezer
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
In the words of Kenny McLean, time for the talking to stop and for some concerted action to arrest a season ebbing in the wrong direction for Norwich City.
Dean Smith himself spoke prior to the festive swing of a run of games that could make-or-break the Canaries' survival prospects.
But two postponements, due to the impact of Covid and escalating injury list, either side of shipping eight goals against Arsenal and Crystal Palace, did nothing to improve the points tally or alter the mood.
Billy Gilmour has had plenty queueing up to fight his corner since a pocket of the travelling support at Selhurst Park made their feelings known on a fractious afternoon.
McLean among their number, with his fellow City midfielder acknowledging Norwich fans need more than stirring words.
Gilmour's boss at Chelsea, Thomas Tuchel, was pressed on Friday whether a recall is a consideration but what would you do now in January with the talented but inexperienced 20-year-old?
If City really need to sell this month to stand any chance of bolstering Dean Smith's squad, who is expendable and at what price?
The Canaries are scheduled to head to Charlton in the FA Cup on Sunday. On the basis Smith has some selection posers of the welcome variety - no guarantee on recent evidence ahead of his cup press call later in the week - who needs a game and who can push their claims to be in the conversation for the resumption of the Premier League quest at West Ham?
Or given that 3-1 home win for Leeds over Burnley on Sunday, that left the Canaries nine points away from 16th place, is the game up already with City one of four clubs in real danger of being cut adrift from the rest.
- 1 Former City midfielder poised to move again
- 2 'I fell in love with the Championship' - Ex-Canaries ace joins Bristol City
- 3 'They’ve come out of nowhere' - Ferdinand assesses City survival chances
- 4 City duo nominated for Premier League awards
- 5 Hanley urges City to up the ante
- 6 On-loan City striker Soto switches Portugal for Scotland
- 7 Put your questions to Canaries legend Chris Sutton
- 8 City survival rival will improve under my old boss - Sutton
- 9 City striker frustrated but ready to battle if Baggies loan continues
- 10 Injury scare for in-form City forward at Southend
So many topics but this is your discussion, not ours, and you set the agenda.
Recap what was discussed in the latest conversation with Paddy and Dave, exclusively for Pinkun+ subscribers.
Get your free two month trial by downloading the app here (which works on desktop and mobile devices).