Canaries Q&A - with Paddy Davitt and Connor Southwell
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A long-overdue Carrow Road Premier League win was a decent opening deposit from Dean Smith in his first Norwich City game.
The manner the Canaries fought back against Southampton, the intensity on the pitch matched in the stands, raised hope for more than an unyielding trudge back to the Championship.
Smith and his assistant Craig Shakespeare brought a tactical acumen and belief to a group who until Daniel Farke's last stand at Brentford had looked lacking in both.
What did you make of Smith's debut? Did he get his selection spot on? Grant Hanley played a captain's knock with the winner, after a difficult first half on his return from injury, but where do Ozan Kabak and Andrew Omobamidele fit into the equation?
Would you give Todd Cantwell another start at Wolves this weekend or retain Josh Sargent?
For now, Smith has to work with the resource at his disposal. But do thoughts already turn to the January transfer window and, if so, which areas need to be addressed?
Recap the latest conversation below, with Paddy and Connor, in our regular weekly lunchtime Q&A slot.
- 1 Smith on daunting December for City
- 2 David Hannant: Loan rangers starting to prove me wrong
- 3 Canaries legend Holt joins West Ham scouting team
- 4 Best is yet to come from Rashica
- 5 'Some didn't feel right for me' - Lampard on potential job opportunities
- 6 Connor Southwell: It's time to acknowledge Pukki as a City great
- 7 Six things you might have missed from City's draw at Newcastle
- 8 'A thing of beauty' - from one City legend to another
- 9 LOAN WATCH: In-form City striker on target again in Croatia
- 10 Canaries number one full of Premier League positivity