Norwich City unveil new home kit
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City have released their new home kit ahead of the 2021/22 Premier League kick-off.
The kit was launched alongside a promotional video featuring various City first-team, academy and women’s players in a living room setting installed by one of the club's partners, Bluespace.
The kit is the first since City recently announced a new kit supplier in Spanish company Joma, who work with a number of clubs at home and abroad including Swansea City and Villarreal as well as the Spanish national sides.
A club press release said: 'This season’s home kit design features a nod to our famous ‘Canaries’ nickname with a green sleeve pattern inspired by the wings of the canary on our club crest.
'Other detailing, across the predominantly yellow body, include a green panel across the top of the shoulders and a vertical strip under each arm down to the hip.
"Woven into the collar of the shirt are the club’s six values – growth, integrity, belonging, resilience, pride and commitment.'
The club have also confirmed the new shirt is made from 100% recycled polyester. Principal partner logos of Lotus and JD feature on the front and sleeve respectively.
- 1 Former Norwich City chief set for Hibs
- 2 Canaries Q&A: City prepare for Coventry and Sheffield United
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Huddersfield in talks to sign City forward
- 4 'We’ll both push each other for that shirt' - City ace's Aarons battle
- 5 Norwich City loan watch: Ahadme on target again for Pompey
- 6 City will have away fans at Sheffield United
- 7 Canaries' ace Billy Gilmour belts out karaoke classic in city
- 8 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 9 Norwich City Under-23s to play some matches at The Walks
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Reported target set to snub Canaries
“We’re proud to launch our new home shirt, the first produced by Joma and adorned with incredible brands in Lotus and JD," said Sam Jeffrey, City's head of commercial operations.
"With our home kit this year we wanted to create something that drew inspiration from our heritage and have used this to inspire the elegant, winged effect on the sleeves.
“We have also worked hard with our technical kit partner, Joma, to create a shirt that is as sustainable as possible and we are delighted to have produced a shirt where the fabric is made from fully recycled polyester.”
The kit is now available through the usual club outlets.