Norwich City v Newcastle United - Press Conference RECAP
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League home opener against Newcastle United on Friday lunchtime and we have the key lines from Colney.
Farke revealed Onel Hernandez will be out for a minimum of three months after suffering a knee injury on Thursday at home. The Cuban will now undergo scans to assess the extent of the injury.
Josip Drmic (hamstring) is also out for this weekend. The City head coach confirmed Timm Klose (hip) remains on the sidelines but should return to training next week. Kenny McLean and Adam Idah (both backs) are major doubts for the Magpies' visit.
Alex Tettey is back in training after his calf problems during pre-season. Louis Thompson sealed a loan move to Shrewsbury Town earlier in the day.
Ibrahim Amadou could come into contention to feature against the Magpies after Farke opted not to include him in his plans against the Reds following his arrival from Sevilla on an initial season long loan.
You may also want to watch:
Both clubs are looking for their first points of the new season at Carrow Road after Steve Bruce's tenure as Newcastle boss started with a 1-0 home defeat to Arsenal.
- Recap the blog in the window above with full reaction and build up to City's Premier League homecoming throughout the day on pinkun.com
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 3 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 4 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 5 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 6 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 10 MATCHDAY LIVE: No promotion but points to be won for City at Derby