Norwich City v Newcastle United - Press Conference RECAP
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League home opener against Newcastle United on Friday lunchtime and we have the key lines from Colney.
Farke revealed Onel Hernandez will be out for a minimum of three months after suffering a knee injury on Thursday at home. The Cuban will now undergo scans to assess the extent of the injury.
Josip Drmic (hamstring) is also out for this weekend. The City head coach confirmed Timm Klose (hip) remains on the sidelines but should return to training next week. Kenny McLean and Adam Idah (both backs) are major doubts for the Magpies' visit.
Alex Tettey is back in training after his calf problems during pre-season. Louis Thompson sealed a loan move to Shrewsbury Town earlier in the day.
Ibrahim Amadou could come into contention to feature against the Magpies after Farke opted not to include him in his plans against the Reds following his arrival from Sevilla on an initial season long loan.
You may also want to watch:
Both clubs are looking for their first points of the new season at Carrow Road after Steve Bruce's tenure as Newcastle boss started with a 1-0 home defeat to Arsenal.
- Recap the blog in the window above with full reaction and build up to City's Premier League homecoming throughout the day on pinkun.com
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 5 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 6 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 9 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 10 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level