‘The first half was like a thunder storm’ - Farke proud of electric City after plotting 3-1 Newcastle triumph
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke insisted hat-trick hero Teemu Pukki should share top billing with the rest of his Norwich City team mates after dismantling Newcastle United 3-1 at Carrow Road to seal a first Premier League win of the season.
Pukki plundered the first top flight hat-trick for a Norwich City player since Efan Ekoku in 1993 to cap a stirring display from Farke's troops.
"It was a great performance from Teemu. Not only his goals but his workload and how he is able to link the play," he said. "He is so important for the spirit of the whole team. I can remember one scene in the first half when he was willing to run back 80 yards in order to gain possession. A role model for our spirit. No one is thinking more about themselves. I was never worried if he could step up.
"But he has 36 league games left. He was pretty clinical and you saw with the second strike that is exactly the right finish, to go through the legs of the opponent into the short corner. Then the third goal to have this natural instinct.
"First home game in the Premier League. First at Carrow Road after a terrific last season. To be there with such a great result. Carrow Road was rocking, buzzing. A special afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
"My feeling is our performance was good. We don't need to speak about Newcastle. And if we are top in our topics it is difficult for each and every opponent. The first half we like a thunder storm. We created so much lightning.
"It is difficult to ignore the noise. There are so many opinions but we don't care so much about the surroundings or even the results. It is about what we bring on the pitch and where we have to be good to earn points. My lads were brilliant."
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 6 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week