‘The first half was like a thunder storm’ - Farke proud of electric City after plotting 3-1 Newcastle triumph
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke insisted hat-trick hero Teemu Pukki should share top billing with the rest of his Norwich City team mates after dismantling Newcastle United 3-1 at Carrow Road to seal a first Premier League win of the season.
Pukki plundered the first top flight hat-trick for a Norwich City player since Efan Ekoku in 1993 to cap a stirring display from Farke's troops.
"It was a great performance from Teemu. Not only his goals but his workload and how he is able to link the play," he said. "He is so important for the spirit of the whole team. I can remember one scene in the first half when he was willing to run back 80 yards in order to gain possession. A role model for our spirit. No one is thinking more about themselves. I was never worried if he could step up.
"But he has 36 league games left. He was pretty clinical and you saw with the second strike that is exactly the right finish, to go through the legs of the opponent into the short corner. Then the third goal to have this natural instinct.
"First home game in the Premier League. First at Carrow Road after a terrific last season. To be there with such a great result. Carrow Road was rocking, buzzing. A special afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
"My feeling is our performance was good. We don't need to speak about Newcastle. And if we are top in our topics it is difficult for each and every opponent. The first half we like a thunder storm. We created so much lightning.
"It is difficult to ignore the noise. There are so many opinions but we don't care so much about the surroundings or even the results. It is about what we bring on the pitch and where we have to be good to earn points. My lads were brilliant."
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 5 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 9 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?