‘The first half was like a thunder storm’ - Farke proud of electric City after plotting 3-1 Newcastle triumph
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke insisted hat-trick hero Teemu Pukki should share top billing with the rest of his Norwich City team mates after dismantling Newcastle United 3-1 at Carrow Road to seal a first Premier League win of the season.
Pukki plundered the first top flight hat-trick for a Norwich City player since Efan Ekoku in 1993 to cap a stirring display from Farke's troops.
"It was a great performance from Teemu. Not only his goals but his workload and how he is able to link the play," he said. "He is so important for the spirit of the whole team. I can remember one scene in the first half when he was willing to run back 80 yards in order to gain possession. A role model for our spirit. No one is thinking more about themselves. I was never worried if he could step up.
"But he has 36 league games left. He was pretty clinical and you saw with the second strike that is exactly the right finish, to go through the legs of the opponent into the short corner. Then the third goal to have this natural instinct.
"First home game in the Premier League. First at Carrow Road after a terrific last season. To be there with such a great result. Carrow Road was rocking, buzzing. A special afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
"My feeling is our performance was good. We don't need to speak about Newcastle. And if we are top in our topics it is difficult for each and every opponent. The first half we like a thunder storm. We created so much lightning.
"It is difficult to ignore the noise. There are so many opinions but we don't care so much about the surroundings or even the results. It is about what we bring on the pitch and where we have to be good to earn points. My lads were brilliant."
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 8 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City