WATCH: Savour the best cuts from City’s 3-1 Newcastle United win - including THAT Pukki volley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teemu Pukki became the first Norwich City player since Efan Ekoku in 1993 to plunder a top flight hat-trick in Norwich City’s 3-1 win over Newcastle United at Carrow Road.
Pukki made it four for the season already in an emphatic statement of intent from Daniel Farke's new boys before Jonjo Shelvey pulled back a stoppage time scant consolation for Steve Bruce's visitors.
Pukki moved centre stage with a wonderful volley to open the scoring in the 32nd minute. The Finnish strike composed himself before connecting perfectly with Emi Buendia's deflected deep cross to smash a shot inside the near post, despite Martin Dubravka getting a hand to the stinging effort.
Todd Cantwell superbly turned away from his marker in the centre of the park before a slip pass to Pukki who checked back inside and whipped a low right-footed strike that wrong-footed Dubravka to double the hosts' lead.
And the Finn completed his hat-trick just past the hour mark to spark jubilant scenes at Carrow Road when he ranged alongside Cantwell from Marco Stiepermann's initial pass before veering around the final man to roll it past Dubravka from 12 yards.
You may also want to watch:
- Watch the best bits from a memorable homecoming
- 1 City draw up target list
- 2 Skipp ready for Premier League ... with Spurs, says Mason
- 3 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 4 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 5 Robin Sainty: Where City lead, others will surely follow
- 6 New City deal for Farke on the cards and Webber open to staying
- 7 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
- 8 David Freezer: Desire to defy the odds is essential for City
- 9 The People's Pink Un: Your messages to Norwich City, Part 1
- 10 Norwich City ace features in trailer for Euro 2020