Steve Bruce seething at Newcastle’s 3-1 defeat to Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Steve Bruce insists Newcastle United failed to do the basics right in a 3-1 Premier League defeat to Norwich City.
Bruce's latest Carrow Road return was an unhappy affair with Teemu Pukki's hat-trick inflicting a second straight defeat since replacing Rafa Benitez on Tyneside.
"I think that's the biggest thing which I have to accept, the manner of it was the most disappointing of the whole afternoon," he said.
"With and without the ball we certainly didn't do enough and we'll have to put that right, that's for sure.
"The basics of any football match to start with we didn't do enough and that's what really disappointed me.
You may also want to watch:
"I thought we had a couple of wonderful chances which might have given us a spark if we had taken one. At this level, the blatant ones we should be taking.
"And that might have given everybody a lift, but make no mistake it won't mask the disappointment of we didn't do enough and it's as simple as that."
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 7 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 8 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 9 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 10 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track