Steve Bruce seething at Newcastle’s 3-1 defeat to Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Steve Bruce insists Newcastle United failed to do the basics right in a 3-1 Premier League defeat to Norwich City.
Bruce's latest Carrow Road return was an unhappy affair with Teemu Pukki's hat-trick inflicting a second straight defeat since replacing Rafa Benitez on Tyneside.
"I think that's the biggest thing which I have to accept, the manner of it was the most disappointing of the whole afternoon," he said.
"With and without the ball we certainly didn't do enough and we'll have to put that right, that's for sure.
"The basics of any football match to start with we didn't do enough and that's what really disappointed me.
You may also want to watch:
"I thought we had a couple of wonderful chances which might have given us a spark if we had taken one. At this level, the blatant ones we should be taking.
"And that might have given everybody a lift, but make no mistake it won't mask the disappointment of we didn't do enough and it's as simple as that."
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?