Steve Bruce seething at Newcastle’s 3-1 defeat to Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Steve Bruce insists Newcastle United failed to do the basics right in a 3-1 Premier League defeat to Norwich City.
Bruce's latest Carrow Road return was an unhappy affair with Teemu Pukki's hat-trick inflicting a second straight defeat since replacing Rafa Benitez on Tyneside.
"I think that's the biggest thing which I have to accept, the manner of it was the most disappointing of the whole afternoon," he said.
"With and without the ball we certainly didn't do enough and we'll have to put that right, that's for sure.
"The basics of any football match to start with we didn't do enough and that's what really disappointed me.
You may also want to watch:
"I thought we had a couple of wonderful chances which might have given us a spark if we had taken one. At this level, the blatant ones we should be taking.
"And that might have given everybody a lift, but make no mistake it won't mask the disappointment of we didn't do enough and it's as simple as that."
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 5 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 6 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 7 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries