City confirm Ondrej Duda signing
- Credit: Norwich City Football Club
Norwich City have sealed the loan signing of Hertha Berlin’s attacking midfielder Ondrej Duda.
Duda is the Canaries' first recruit of the transfer window, after the club confirmed a loan deal until the end of the Premier League season on Sunday afternoon.
The Slovakian international underwent a medical over the weekend and could now be in line for his debut in this weekend's relegation crunch against Bournemouth at Carrow Road.
"I decided I wanted to come here," said the 25-year-old, speaking to the club's official site. "I spoke with the coach a few days ago about the possibility. I wanted to decide fast and I'm happy to be here.
"The main reasons are it is a nice club, the league and my situation with my ex-club. It was the reason why I wanted to change. He (Farke) was honest with me. He told me what was going on here and he told me everything about Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
"When we talked, it was clear that he wanted me to come here.
"I'm going to do my best, but first of all, I need to get into my match rhythm and we will see. I hope we are going to take some points, step by step. In the end, hopefully everyone will be happy."
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling
Head coach Daniel Farke had made it clear City needed to bring in attacking reinforcements, after sanctioning the early loan exit of Patrick Roberts and the sale of Dennis Srbeny.
Duda was touted with Premier League rivals Aston Villa, West Ham and Crystal Palace along with clubs in Spain and Germany.
"It's a good deal for all parties," Farke added on the official site. "We're bringing in a player who can play in the number 10 role or in the wide areas and he's proven that he can score goals.
"We'll have to see how quickly he can help us and adapt, but we're hopeful he can be a very good option for us for the second part of the season."
Duda appeared to fall out of favour at Berlin under recently-appointed boss Jurgen Klinsmann but last season scored eleven goals and providing a further six assists in 32 Bundesliga outings.
Earlier in his career, Duda won two domestic doubles with Polish heavyweight Legia Warsaw.
Duda has been assigned the number 25 shirt at Norwich City.