Onel injury blow
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City wide player Onel Hernandez has been ruled out for ‘10 to 12 weeks’ with an adductor injury.
Hernandez is expected to be out until the festive period, and the latest injury setback comes after two knee operations blighted the Cuban’s Premier League campaign.
The 27-year-old featured in all five of City’s opening league and cup games and had emerged as a key figure for Daniel Farke since returning during last term’s ‘Project Restart’ period.
Farke will provide a further update when he previews the Championship trip to Rotherham on Friday afternoon but the head coach will have to make at least one enforced change from the line up that lost to Derby prior to the international break with Hernandez ruled out.
City have no plans to make a late return to the transfer market to draft in a short term replacement for Hernandez ahead of the 5pm deadline for domestic deals.
You may also want to watch:
The club confirmed the news on their official site: ‘Onel Hernandez is set to be out of action for between ten and twelve weeks following confirmation of an adductor injury.
‘The Cuban midfielder has since undergone a successful minor operation.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
‘He will now work his way back to full fitness under the guidance of the club’s medical and sports science staff at the Lotus training centre.’
Youngster Josh Martin is now part of the first team set up under Farke and impressed on the club’s pre-season tour of Germany.