Canaries out on penalties
Norwich City crashed out of the Carling Cup on penalties after being outplayed during much of the game.
Norwich City have gone out of the Carling Cup at Vale Park in the third round on penalties 3-2.
It was a below-par performance from the Canaries, who failed to produce the goods in normal time.
Port Vale, tenth in League One, put up a determined fight against new boss Peter Grant's side.
The home side proved to be more positive in normal time, with the Canaries never getting into their stride before a 4,500 crowd.
You may also want to watch:
The Valiants, managed by Vale Park legend Martin Foyle, have never gone further than the third round of the League Cup.
Carl Robinson, Jason shackell and Robert Eagle all missed penalties.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
Chesterfield2 West Ham1
Leicester2 Aston Villa3
Notts County2 Southampton0
Sheff Utd2 Birmingham4
West Brom0 Arsenal2
Wycombe3 Doncaster2 (pen)