Paddy’s Premier League debate
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Back down to business for Norwich City but can they ride an FA Cup wave to pick up a priceless Premier League away win at Newcastle United?
City fans will discover the club's last-16 opponents on Monday evening but the focus must already shift back to survival matters for Daniel Farke's squad, after an uplifting win at Burnley.
Emi Buendia and Todd Cantwell both missed out at Turf Moor through injury and while Cantwell is expected to recover for this weekend's trip to St James' Park Buendia faces a race to be fit from his quad problem.
Lukas Rupp has done a solid job in his first two outings for the Canaries. But did anyone else at Burnley push themselves firmly into contention for a Premier League start?
Is it really three points or nothing in the north-east to close the gap, with champions-elect Liverpool next up after the mid-winter Premier League break? And with only a few days left in the transfer window, should City sit tight or look to bring in new players for the final push?
You may also want to watch:
- Recap all the key topics discussed with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 Spurs confirm Skipp has had surgery after injury with Canaries
- 2 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 3 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 4 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 5 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 6 Tettey's heartfelt thanks to City fans
- 7 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 8 City transfer rumours: Manchester United defender in the frame
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 10 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes