‘Any ideas how this plays out, City fans?’ - Premier League debate
- Credit: PA
Norwich City’s Premier League and FA Cup season is on hold as society tries to adapt to the new reality with the global spread of coronavirus.
Football may be immaterial in the grand scheme of things, but that does not stop fans and pundits alike from discussing the far-reaching ramifications from an unprecedented halt to the professional game in England.
Football will return and when it does will it be to resume the current campaign or hit reset? The idea of a 22-team Premier League next season has been mooted over the past weekend, with figures inside the game at the top level receptive to the idea, but what are the practicalities of such a move?
The European Championships are set to be postponed at a scheduled Uefa meeting on Tuesday. The Premier League plan to meet two days later. What should be top of their respective in trays?
Daniel Farke's squad have been told to stay away from Colney for the foreseeable. How big a challenge will it be for the head coach to plan for a resumption that might not actually come for months?
You may also want to watch:
- Discuss all the key topics around how football should respond, plus the impact of Norwich City's suspension, with our Canaries' crew in the regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression