‘Any ideas how this plays out, City fans?’ - Premier League debate
- Credit: PA
Norwich City’s Premier League and FA Cup season is on hold as society tries to adapt to the new reality with the global spread of coronavirus.
Football may be immaterial in the grand scheme of things, but that does not stop fans and pundits alike from discussing the far-reaching ramifications from an unprecedented halt to the professional game in England.
Football will return and when it does will it be to resume the current campaign or hit reset? The idea of a 22-team Premier League next season has been mooted over the past weekend, with figures inside the game at the top level receptive to the idea, but what are the practicalities of such a move?
The European Championships are set to be postponed at a scheduled Uefa meeting on Tuesday. The Premier League plan to meet two days later. What should be top of their respective in trays?
Daniel Farke's squad have been told to stay away from Colney for the foreseeable. How big a challenge will it be for the head coach to plan for a resumption that might not actually come for months?
You may also want to watch:
- Discuss all the key topics around how football should respond, plus the impact of Norwich City's suspension, with our Canaries' crew in the regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit