City Q&A - Jamal saga and the Canaries’ next move in the market
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
No football but no shortage of transfer talking points ahead of Norwich City’s scheduled return to training next week.
Liverpool would appear to have baulked at the Canaries’ valuation of Jamal Lewis with reports over the weekend in the north-west suggesting Olympiakos full back Kostas Tsimikas is poised to head to England this week to finalise a move to provide back up for Andy Robertson.
Stuart Webber rejected the Reds’ opening gambit out of hand. Lewis will return to Colney with the rest of his team mates next week ahead of the Championship campaign getting underway on September 12.
Be sure there will be plenty of fresh speculation around the club’s brightest and best.
Ethan Ampadu and Ben Gibson were names in the frame over the weekend as potential arrivals. Daniel Farke made it clear he wants experience now in the next phase of the club’s recruitment strategy and centre back Gibson is no stranger to the second tier despite a move to Burnley which appears to have bombed for all parties.
You may also want to watch:
Were City right to dig in over the Lewis negotiations and does Gibson fit the bill? What did you make of reports Max Aarons could go out on loan, with clubs unwilling to spend big in a transfer window hit by the financial ramifications of the coronavirus pandemic?
• All those topics and more were discussed with Paddy and Connor in our regular Monday lunchtime slot at pinkun.com/debate
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 3 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 4 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 5 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 10 Hanley a big fan of new City star