City Q&A - Jamal saga and the Canaries’ next move in the market
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
No football but no shortage of transfer talking points ahead of Norwich City’s scheduled return to training next week.
Liverpool would appear to have baulked at the Canaries’ valuation of Jamal Lewis with reports over the weekend in the north-west suggesting Olympiakos full back Kostas Tsimikas is poised to head to England this week to finalise a move to provide back up for Andy Robertson.
Stuart Webber rejected the Reds’ opening gambit out of hand. Lewis will return to Colney with the rest of his team mates next week ahead of the Championship campaign getting underway on September 12.
Be sure there will be plenty of fresh speculation around the club’s brightest and best.
Ethan Ampadu and Ben Gibson were names in the frame over the weekend as potential arrivals. Daniel Farke made it clear he wants experience now in the next phase of the club’s recruitment strategy and centre back Gibson is no stranger to the second tier despite a move to Burnley which appears to have bombed for all parties.
You may also want to watch:
Were City right to dig in over the Lewis negotiations and does Gibson fit the bill? What did you make of reports Max Aarons could go out on loan, with clubs unwilling to spend big in a transfer window hit by the financial ramifications of the coronavirus pandemic?
• All those topics and more were discussed with Paddy and Connor in our regular Monday lunchtime slot at pinkun.com/debate
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know