City Q&A: The final countdown is underway
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Far from a dull international break so far for Norwich City players but the real business is ranging back into view with the close of the domestic transfer window and the return of the Championship this weekend.
Kenny McLean was Scotland’s spot kick hero in their Euro2020 play-off victory while Michael McGovern’s Northern Ireland also took a step closer next summer’s delayed tournament. Adam Idah’s Republic of Ireland lost a penalty shoot out in which Idah may well have featured against Slovakia if he was not absent due to his involvement in a saga around a ‘false positive’ coronavirus test in the Irish camp.
Idah has since re-joined the squad for Wednesday’s Nations League trip to Finland and the teenager is available for his club’s weekend trip to Rotherham.
By then, the transfer window is finally closed. What do the final days hold in store for the likes of Max Aarons, Todd Cantwell or Emi Buendia? What does a good end to the window look like for City?
With Timm Klose joining Ben Godfrey through the exit how do you feel about the prospect of no new arrivals to bolster a central defence that must now rely on Ben Gibson, Christoph Zimmermann and Grant Hanley to shoulder the burden?
You may also want to watch:
On the park, do you want Daniel Farke to shake things up for the testing trip to the Millers? Paul Warne’s newly-promoted club will be out to make life just as uncomfortable as Bournemouth and Derby did prior to the international pause.
• Recap what was discussed with Paddy and Connor in the window above from 1pm in our regular Pinkun Monday debate slot.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley