Paddy’s Premier League debate
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Back in the game or fleeting respite for Norwich City in the battle for Premier League survival?
City head to Tottenham on Wednesday buoyed by a first home win since September and a first home clean sheet in the league this season after a vital 1-0 victory over Bournemouth in another eventful Carrow Road match up.
Ondrej Duda was a hit and with Lukas Rupp also included on the substitutes' bench there was some notable omissions from the matchday 18 for City. Daniel Farke will be forced into one change to his starting line up, following Ben Godfrey's red card for a lunge on Callum Wilson. But would you shake it up for a second game in four days?
Teemu Pukki notched his 10th of the Premier League season and Emi Buendia stamped his class on the contest but that hunt for an elusive maiden top flight goal for the Argentinian goes on.
While off the park, City have 11 days left to bolster their squad in the transfer window, Sunday brought fresh links to two overseas wide players. What did you make of Farke's honest take prior to the Cherries' victory on the areas he is looking to strengthen?
You may also want to watch:
- Recap all the key topics discussed with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 8 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride