City Q&A: Emi and Todd. Sell or keep?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A first Championship defeat of the season but all anyone is talking about is what the future holds for Todd Cantwell and Emi Buendia at Norwich City.
The duo’s surprise omission and then Daniel Farke’s unvarnished explanation in his post-match media duties leaves the duo’s status at Carrow Road now firmly up in the air, ahead of next month’s transfer window deadline.
Farke has made it clear. If any in his squad are too distracted by speculation over their futures they are no good to him.
Do you back the head coach’s tough stance and how do you see this playing out from here? Has the ship sailed or given Farke also made it clear a fully focused Cantwell and Buendia are as good as anything in the Championship can common ground still be found to keep them on board for the tilt at promotion?
On the pitch, with no Cantwell, Buendia or the injured Kieran Dowell what did you make of City’s attacking play on the south coast? Plenty of possession but no end product. How does Farke change it up for pointless Derby County’s weekend visit, given the Rams will be smarting from a heavy home defeat to Blackburn?
You may also want to watch:
• Recap all the key points discussed with Paddy in the window above in our regular Pinkun Monday debate slot.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes