City Q&A: Emi and Todd. Sell or keep?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A first Championship defeat of the season but all anyone is talking about is what the future holds for Todd Cantwell and Emi Buendia at Norwich City.
The duo’s surprise omission and then Daniel Farke’s unvarnished explanation in his post-match media duties leaves the duo’s status at Carrow Road now firmly up in the air, ahead of next month’s transfer window deadline.
Farke has made it clear. If any in his squad are too distracted by speculation over their futures they are no good to him.
Do you back the head coach’s tough stance and how do you see this playing out from here? Has the ship sailed or given Farke also made it clear a fully focused Cantwell and Buendia are as good as anything in the Championship can common ground still be found to keep them on board for the tilt at promotion?
On the pitch, with no Cantwell, Buendia or the injured Kieran Dowell what did you make of City’s attacking play on the south coast? Plenty of possession but no end product. How does Farke change it up for pointless Derby County’s weekend visit, given the Rams will be smarting from a heavy home defeat to Blackburn?
You may also want to watch:
• Recap all the key points discussed with Paddy in the window above in our regular Pinkun Monday debate slot.
- 1 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 2 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 3 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 4 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 5 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 8 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 9 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 10 City U23s held 2-2 against Burnley's U23s