Norwich City Premier League debate - Your questions answered
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City had a week to forget but now is the time to take stock for the Canaries after the opening four games of the Premier League season.
City limped into the current international break on the back of an embarrassing cup exit for their second string at Crawley, terrible injury news for Timm Klose, fresh concerns over Grant Hanley's fitness and then another injury blow to Christoph Zimmermann in a pivotal moment of Saturday's 2-0 Premier League defeat to West Ham.
Zimmermann continues to be assessed by City's medical staff but a fortnight's break may come at just the right time for the club's over-worked sports science department to get key options available for a daunting visit by champions Manchester City.
Quite aside from the injury toll, there were questions aplenty from the Canaries' lacklustre offering at the London Stadium. Does Daniel Farke need to shuffle his pack and which City players are struggling to make their mark in the top flight?
On the positive side, a trio of England Under-21 call ups for Ben Godfrey, Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell underlined their progress while Teemu Pukki's impressive start to the new campaign was recognised on Monday morning with his award as PFA fans' player-of-the-month for August.
You may also want to watch:
Plent of topics from the Hammers' defeat to the injury situation were discussed with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know