Paddy Davitt: Norwich City player ratings after a 4-0 Premier League mauling at Arsenal
- Credit: Focus Images/Focus Images Ltd
Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt has posted his marks following the Canaries’ 4-0 Premier League defeat to Arsenal
Here is Paddy’s verdict on Daniel Farke’s men, who gifted Arsenal goals and failed to score for a fourth consecutive league game. Not a great combination.
• Tim Krul
Attempted drag back failed to fool Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. A rare rick that proved costly for a player who has been City’s best by some distance this season. 5
• Max Aarons
You may also want to watch:
Really needed better support in front of him with Arsenal opting for width and overloading the flanks in that first half. 5
• Ben Godfrey
- 1 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 4 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 5 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 10 Chris Goreham: A new experience providing coverage of Norwich City...
The purest of long range strikes rattled a post. But dragged out of position for Arsenal’s second goal to leave space for Grant Xhaka. May have felt he could have anticipated the bounce of the ball towards Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for the third goal. However bizarre Josip Drmic’s intended square pass proved. 6
• Alex Tettey (C)
Did all that could have been asked in a positional switch where needs must. Used all his ability to read the game and not get exposed by Arsenal’s fearsome frontmen. 6
• Jamal Lewis
Caught ball-watching in the early stages by Hector Bellerin. 5
• Tom Trybull
Did not sense the danger. Did not track the run of Xhaka until it was too late. 5
• Emi Buendia
Forced into reverse by Arsenal’s wing backs early on. Tried to get goalside for Xhaka’s strike but too little, too late. Offered nothing creatively. 5
• Kenny McLean
Curling free kick was heading in until Emiliano Martinez parried it behind. Some meaty challenges irked Arsenal midfielders. 6
• Lukas Rupp
Deployed centrally again but the home threat was in wide areas. Ineffective. 5
• Todd Cantwell
Convinced he should have had a penalty after tangling with Sead Kolasinac. Better after the break with some probing darts. 6
• Teemu Pukki
Another lacklustre shift. Becoming the norm. Sadly. 5
• Adam Idah 6
Time for greater involvement. Showed his predatory instincts a minute after arriving to cushion Ben Godfrey’s pass and test Martinez.
(for Tom Trybull, 45)
• Josip Drmic 5
Ridiculous square pass deep in his own half led to third Arsenal goal.
(for Teemu Pukki, 45)
• Onel Hernandez 6
Couple of darts early on in his cameo. Never neglects the requirement to track back either.
(for Emi Buendia, 45)
• Others n/a