Norwich City Premier League debate - Paddy answered your questions
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Injury-hit Norwich City face an anxious international break for a number of reasons before resuming Premier League combat at Bournemouth.
Daniel Farke's depleted squad limped into the latest shutdown on the back of a painful 5-1 home league defeat to Aston Villa that made it five league losses in the last six.
Villa cashed in on a home team missing nine senior players through injury and with the likes of Jamal Lewis, Todd Cantwell and captain Ben Godfrey all with fitness issues.
Lewis pulled out of the Northern Ireland squad on Monday morning for upcoming Euro2020 qualifiers after taking a bang on the knee in the second half of Saturday's 5-1 hammering. He went into that game with elbow ligament damage suffered at Crystal Palace.
While Godfrey has swerved England Under-21s duty to fly out to Germany on Monday for a long-overdue hernia operation. On Saturday evening Farke sounded cautiously optimistic the likes of Tim Krul, Mario Vrancic and Alex Tettey will be back in the mix for the trip to the Cherries.
You may also want to watch:
But aside from the injury woe, does Farke need to use the break to try and address the defensive weaknesses exploited again by Dean Smith's side, the central midfield mix and the lack of creative edge in forward areas behind Teemu Pukki?
- Recap all the topics discussed from a crushing defeat, and what the international break and beyond now holds for the Canaries, with our Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts