Norwich City Premier League debate - Paddy answered your questions
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City had a blast in 2019. But what could 2020 bring ahead of a New Year’s Day Premier League opener against Crystal Palace at Carrow Road?
City earned a point in an eventful 2-2 draw with Tottenham on Saturday in a game marred by another controversial VAR intervention to deny Teemu Pukki a 10th top flight goal of the season.
When the dust settled, the Canaries remain six points from safety at the foot of the table which underlines the value of a win over the Eagles.
Kenny McLean (foot) and Mario Vrancic (neck/tongue) came out of the Spurs' draw with knocks and head coach Daniel Farke hinted afterwards he may need to make more changes for the final league game of a hectic festive spell.
Vrancic lit up the first half with a goal but was denied an assist by the VAR officials. Emi Buendia was also impressive again but would you be tempted to try and bring Todd Cantwell back into the mix? Does Sam Byram edge out Jamal Lewis in a backline heavily reliant on Christoph Zimmermann and Grant Hanley remaining fit and available?
You may also want to watch:
Palace drew 1-1 at Southampton at the weekend and arrive in Norfolk inside the top 10.
- Recap all the key topics discussed with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 9 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 10 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move