Paddy’s Premier League debate
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Is that it or do you still believe Norwich City fans?
The Canaries carved out 20 chances at Newcastle United but failed to make the most of their dominance and a point felt like another missed opportunity to ignite their fading Premier League survival hopes.
A fortnight's break as part of the top flight's first mid-winter shutdown is plenty of time to reflect on what next. Liverpool's title bandwagon rolls into Carrow Road on the resumption, before a tantalising FA Cup fifth round tie on the horizon.
City did so much right at St James' Park but is there anything more Farke can do with this group of players over the decisive run in? Many fans again highlighted his apparent reticence to make earlier substitutions, although Emi Buendia had the final quarter to weave his magic in the north-east.
What would you do with Teemu Pukki now? Will a fortnight off allow him to properly rest and recuperate after a heavy burden for club and country in the past 12 to 18 months? Did Josip Drmic show enough in the FA Cup fourth round win at Burnley to suggest he merits more Premier League minutes?
You may also want to watch:
- Recap all the key topics discussed with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 3 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 6 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries and Hornets clash in title tussle
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know