Paddy’s Premier League debate
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Is that it or do you still believe Norwich City fans?
The Canaries carved out 20 chances at Newcastle United but failed to make the most of their dominance and a point felt like another missed opportunity to ignite their fading Premier League survival hopes.
A fortnight's break as part of the top flight's first mid-winter shutdown is plenty of time to reflect on what next. Liverpool's title bandwagon rolls into Carrow Road on the resumption, before a tantalising FA Cup fifth round tie on the horizon.
City did so much right at St James' Park but is there anything more Farke can do with this group of players over the decisive run in? Many fans again highlighted his apparent reticence to make earlier substitutions, although Emi Buendia had the final quarter to weave his magic in the north-east.
What would you do with Teemu Pukki now? Will a fortnight off allow him to properly rest and recuperate after a heavy burden for club and country in the past 12 to 18 months? Did Josip Drmic show enough in the FA Cup fourth round win at Burnley to suggest he merits more Premier League minutes?
You may also want to watch:
- Recap all the key topics discussed with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 9 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill