‘Toothless Canaries’ - Paddy’s Premier League debate
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tim Krul has labelled Norwich City’s Carrow Road clash against Southampton a ‘huge game’. But even that might be downplaying the significance in the Premier League survival scrap.
City's failure to muster any decent productivity on the road - a trend which continued in a 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United on Saturday - places a huge onus on a series of upcoming Carrow Road league tussles against teams in the bottom half between now and the end of the season.
Norwich could be seven points from safety should Aston Villa match City's recent feat of beating Leicester City in Monday's Midlands derby.
Daniel Farke tried a different formation in the second half at Bramall Lane with the introduction of Josip Drmic, before Mario Vrancic and Adam Idah later joined the fray but City could find no way past Dean Henderson when they mustered a late salvo.
Does Farke go even bolder from the start against the Saints and toy with a defensive three formation now Christoph Zimmermann has returned to the fold? Where do you stand on Teemu Pukki's quest to get back on the goal trail, and could the Finn benefit from reinforcements at the top end of the pitch?
You may also want to watch:
And why have Norwich failed to pick up a point from four league games against the teams who came up with them from the Championship?
- Recap all the key topics discussed with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City