‘Toothless Canaries’ - Paddy’s Premier League debate
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tim Krul has labelled Norwich City’s Carrow Road clash against Southampton a ‘huge game’. But even that might be downplaying the significance in the Premier League survival scrap.
City's failure to muster any decent productivity on the road - a trend which continued in a 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United on Saturday - places a huge onus on a series of upcoming Carrow Road league tussles against teams in the bottom half between now and the end of the season.
Norwich could be seven points from safety should Aston Villa match City's recent feat of beating Leicester City in Monday's Midlands derby.
Daniel Farke tried a different formation in the second half at Bramall Lane with the introduction of Josip Drmic, before Mario Vrancic and Adam Idah later joined the fray but City could find no way past Dean Henderson when they mustered a late salvo.
Does Farke go even bolder from the start against the Saints and toy with a defensive three formation now Christoph Zimmermann has returned to the fold? Where do you stand on Teemu Pukki's quest to get back on the goal trail, and could the Finn benefit from reinforcements at the top end of the pitch?
You may also want to watch:
And why have Norwich failed to pick up a point from four league games against the teams who came up with them from the Championship?
- Recap all the key topics discussed with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul