City’s Paderborn friendly cancelled
- Credit: Focus Images/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will not play Bundesliga new boys SC Paderborn on their upcoming German pre-season tour.
The Canaries confirmed on Friday afternoon the scheduled friendly on July 16 in Geseke had fallen through.
City however plan to announce details of two tour friendlies next week as part of their training trip between July 12 to July 20.
SC Paderborn, who is set to play Ipswich Town on July 6, have now replaced the proposed Norwich game with a friendly against Eintracht Northeim.
Mario Vrancic and Dennis Srbeny are former Paderborn players and City beat the German club 3-2 in their opening tour friendly 12 months ago. Reports in the German media suggested Norwich had opted not to go ahead with the proposed reunion.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier on Friday, the Canaries rolled out their domestic pre-season programme. Norwich will host Serie A side Atalanta and Ligue 1 opponents Toulouse at Carrow Road.
Atalanta will provide a strong test, after qualifying for the Champions League for the first time by sealing third place last season in Serie A above both Milan clubs. They also reached the final of the Coppa Italia, losing to Lazio.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
Daniel Farke's side will take on the Italians on Tuesday, July 30 (kick-off 7pm) with the French the final warm up on Saturday, August 3 (KO 4pm) before the trip to Liverpool.
In addition there will be a behind-closed-doors game at Colney against Championship side Brentford on Wednesday, July 24 and another trip to Kenilworth Road to face League One champions Luton Town on Saturday, July 27 (KO 3pm).