City’s Paderborn friendly cancelled
- Credit: Focus Images/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will not play Bundesliga new boys SC Paderborn on their upcoming German pre-season tour.
The Canaries confirmed on Friday afternoon the scheduled friendly on July 16 in Geseke had fallen through.
City however plan to announce details of two tour friendlies next week as part of their training trip between July 12 to July 20.
SC Paderborn, who is set to play Ipswich Town on July 6, have now replaced the proposed Norwich game with a friendly against Eintracht Northeim.
Mario Vrancic and Dennis Srbeny are former Paderborn players and City beat the German club 3-2 in their opening tour friendly 12 months ago. Reports in the German media suggested Norwich had opted not to go ahead with the proposed reunion.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier on Friday, the Canaries rolled out their domestic pre-season programme. Norwich will host Serie A side Atalanta and Ligue 1 opponents Toulouse at Carrow Road.
Atalanta will provide a strong test, after qualifying for the Champions League for the first time by sealing third place last season in Serie A above both Milan clubs. They also reached the final of the Coppa Italia, losing to Lazio.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
Daniel Farke's side will take on the Italians on Tuesday, July 30 (kick-off 7pm) with the French the final warm up on Saturday, August 3 (KO 4pm) before the trip to Liverpool.
In addition there will be a behind-closed-doors game at Colney against Championship side Brentford on Wednesday, July 24 and another trip to Kenilworth Road to face League One champions Luton Town on Saturday, July 27 (KO 3pm).