‘The Wolf would have been a hit in Farke’s team’ - If only City could turn back the clock
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Why is Ricky van Wolfswinkel such a cult hero and would Daniel Farke have been the perfect coach to get the best out of him was one of the topics covered during the latest record of the Pink Un Norwich City Podcast.
The Dutch international has battled back from a serious brain condition at current club FC Basel this season after rebuilding his career following a dry spell under a number of managers in Norfolk.
Van Wolfswinkel arrived with plenty of fanfare and a huge price tag in 2013. A goal on his Premier League debut raised hopes he could provide the goals to help the Canaries kick on in the top flight, but the frontman appeared to rapidly fall out of favour under then boss Chris Hughton after early injury problems.
The Pink Un crew picked out some other candidates for cult hero status, discussed the on going shutdown sparked by the spread of coronavirus and revealed how they are filling the time.
The Pinkun Poser asked listeners to suggest their own cult heroes and why.
You may also want to watch:
- You can listen to episode 392 of the pod above
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 7 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 8 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis