‘The Wolf would have been a hit in Farke’s team’ - If only City could turn back the clock
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Why is Ricky van Wolfswinkel such a cult hero and would Daniel Farke have been the perfect coach to get the best out of him was one of the topics covered during the latest record of the Pink Un Norwich City Podcast.
The Dutch international has battled back from a serious brain condition at current club FC Basel this season after rebuilding his career following a dry spell under a number of managers in Norfolk.
Van Wolfswinkel arrived with plenty of fanfare and a huge price tag in 2013. A goal on his Premier League debut raised hopes he could provide the goals to help the Canaries kick on in the top flight, but the frontman appeared to rapidly fall out of favour under then boss Chris Hughton after early injury problems.
The Pink Un crew picked out some other candidates for cult hero status, discussed the on going shutdown sparked by the spread of coronavirus and revealed how they are filling the time.
The Pinkun Poser asked listeners to suggest their own cult heroes and why.
You may also want to watch:
- You can listen to episode 392 of the pod above
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 7 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride