Norwich City open German tour against Arminia Bielefeld
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s first outing of the summer will come against Arminia Bielefeld on Sunday, July 14 (KO 3pm BST).
The Canaries confirmed on Wednesday lunchtime Arminia will kick off their German tour next month, as Daniel Farke's squad prepare for the new Premier League season.
City will face the Bundesliga 2 club at the Energieversum Stadion, on the outskirts of Gütersloh - the same venue they started 12 months ago against SC Paderborn.
Bielefeld finished seventh in the German second tier last season and City won 3-1 at their 26,500 capacity Schüco-Arena in a friendly back in July 2017.
The club will announce two more German friendlies in due course, after the scheduled midweek game against Bundesliga new boys SC Paderborn was cancelled. Norwich's party travel out to Germany on July 12 for the eight-day trip and will again be based in Marienfeld, 15 miles south-west of Bielefeld.
You may also want to watch:
The Canaries rolled out their domestic pre-season programme last week, which includes hosting Serie A side Atalanta and Ligue 1 opponents Toulouse at Carrow Road.
Atalanta will provide a strong test, after qualifying for the Champions League for the first time by sealing third place last season in Serie A above both Milan clubs. They also reached the final of the Coppa Italia, losing to Lazio.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Farke's side will take on the Italians on Tuesday, July 30 (kick-off 7pm) with the French the final warm up on Saturday, August 3 (KO 4pm) before the opening night Premier League trip to Liverpool.
In addition there will be a behind-closed-doors game at Colney against Championship side Brentford on Wednesday, July 24 and another trip to Kenilworth Road to face League One champions Luton Town on Saturday, July 27 (KO 3pm).