RECAP: Deadline day fun and games as Norwich City conclude busy week of transfer action
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have until 11pm to finalise their squad for the Premier League survival push. We’ll bring you the latest news, deals and supermarket sightings involving City all the way up to Friday night’s deadline.
Plus there is the small matter of a crucial Premier League trip to Newcastle United on Saturday. Daniel Farke will face the media at Colney this lunchtime to preview that Magpies' trip and we will have all the key lines from Mr Farke, on and off the pitch.
City have so far brought in two new signings to bolster the survival bid. A third, French youngster Melvin Sitti, was unveiled earlier this week but the midfielder returned to Sochaux on loan until the end of the current campaign.
Coventry City's Sam McCallum is poised to become the fourth, after travelling to Norfolk on Thursday to finalise a move before returning to the League One club on loan.
Coming the other way via the same loan route was Hertha Berlin's attacking midfielder Ondrej Duda. The Slovakian international made a winning Norwich debut against Bournemouth.
You may also want to watch:
Lukas Rupp signed a permanent deal from Hoffenheim and Rupp has already underlined his versatility deputising for Emi Buendia against Tottenham and in the FA Cup win at Burnley.
City still have a loan option available, following the exit of Patrick Roberts earlier in the window.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
Farke has been adamant there will be no late departures for his key players, despite endless speculation around the likes of Max Aarons.
Whatever happens over these next few hours, one thing is certain. This is the only place to be today.
Keep all bases covered with us, City fans.