RECAP: Deadline day fun and games as Norwich City conclude busy week of transfer action
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have until 11pm to finalise their squad for the Premier League survival push. We’ll bring you the latest news, deals and supermarket sightings involving City all the way up to Friday night’s deadline.
Plus there is the small matter of a crucial Premier League trip to Newcastle United on Saturday. Daniel Farke will face the media at Colney this lunchtime to preview that Magpies' trip and we will have all the key lines from Mr Farke, on and off the pitch.
City have so far brought in two new signings to bolster the survival bid. A third, French youngster Melvin Sitti, was unveiled earlier this week but the midfielder returned to Sochaux on loan until the end of the current campaign.
Coventry City's Sam McCallum is poised to become the fourth, after travelling to Norfolk on Thursday to finalise a move before returning to the League One club on loan.
Coming the other way via the same loan route was Hertha Berlin's attacking midfielder Ondrej Duda. The Slovakian international made a winning Norwich debut against Bournemouth.
You may also want to watch:
Lukas Rupp signed a permanent deal from Hoffenheim and Rupp has already underlined his versatility deputising for Emi Buendia against Tottenham and in the FA Cup win at Burnley.
City still have a loan option available, following the exit of Patrick Roberts earlier in the window.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 5 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 6 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 7 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 8 City players greeted by special messages from fan groups
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 MY TOP FIVE: The crucial moments of City's promotion success
Farke has been adamant there will be no late departures for his key players, despite endless speculation around the likes of Max Aarons.
Whatever happens over these next few hours, one thing is certain. This is the only place to be today.
Keep all bases covered with us, City fans.