Norwich City Premier League debate - Your questions answered
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke reckoned Carrow Road was ‘buzzing’ for Norwich City’s Premier League win over Newcastle United - but another special occasion looks in store for Chelsea’s upcoming weekend visit.
Teemu Pukki's hat-trick earned the Finnish striker top billing in what was an almost perfect homecoming for Farke's squad and the best possible way to respond to a difficult opening night league bow at Liverpool.
Moritz Leitner grabbed his chance in the starting line up with a controlled, composed display of possession football.
Todd Cantwell was another who produced an eye-catching offering and was heavily involved in Pukki's second and third goals.
Tim Krul was also seconds from a special clean sheet against his old club until Jonjo Shelvey cut inside Grant Hanley to grab a scant consolation. But can Norwich serve up a repeat against Chelsea under new management?
You may also want to watch:
Frank Lampard will bring his side to Carrow Road for a Saturday lunchtime televised kick-off bidding for a first competitive win after one point from their opening two Premier League tussles and a penalty shoot-out defeat to Liverpool in the Uefa Super Cup.
All those topics from the Magpies' win were discussed, as well as a look ahead to Chelsea, with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 City draw up target list
- 2 Skipp ready for Premier League ... with Spurs, says Mason
- 3 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 4 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 5 Robin Sainty: Where City lead, others will surely follow
- 6 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
- 7 New City deal for Farke on the cards and Webber open to staying
- 8 The People's Pink Un: Your messages to Norwich City, Part 1
- 9 Pain and anguish but never a lack of belief for Canaries' chief
- 10 David Freezer: Desire to defy the odds is essential for City