Norwich City Premier League debate - Your questions answered
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke reckoned Carrow Road was ‘buzzing’ for Norwich City’s Premier League win over Newcastle United - but another special occasion looks in store for Chelsea’s upcoming weekend visit.
Teemu Pukki's hat-trick earned the Finnish striker top billing in what was an almost perfect homecoming for Farke's squad and the best possible way to respond to a difficult opening night league bow at Liverpool.
Moritz Leitner grabbed his chance in the starting line up with a controlled, composed display of possession football.
Todd Cantwell was another who produced an eye-catching offering and was heavily involved in Pukki's second and third goals.
Tim Krul was also seconds from a special clean sheet against his old club until Jonjo Shelvey cut inside Grant Hanley to grab a scant consolation. But can Norwich serve up a repeat against Chelsea under new management?
You may also want to watch:
Frank Lampard will bring his side to Carrow Road for a Saturday lunchtime televised kick-off bidding for a first competitive win after one point from their opening two Premier League tussles and a penalty shoot-out defeat to Liverpool in the Uefa Super Cup.
All those topics from the Magpies' win were discussed, as well as a look ahead to Chelsea, with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make bid for Peterborough ace
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He came crying' - Former coach details Giannoulis left-back conversion
- 7 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 8 Connor Southwell: Sorting Todd’s contract is City’s next big mission
- 9 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return