Norwich City Premier League debate - Your questions answered
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke reckoned Carrow Road was ‘buzzing’ for Norwich City’s Premier League win over Newcastle United - but another special occasion looks in store for Chelsea’s upcoming weekend visit.
Teemu Pukki's hat-trick earned the Finnish striker top billing in what was an almost perfect homecoming for Farke's squad and the best possible way to respond to a difficult opening night league bow at Liverpool.
Moritz Leitner grabbed his chance in the starting line up with a controlled, composed display of possession football.
Todd Cantwell was another who produced an eye-catching offering and was heavily involved in Pukki's second and third goals.
Tim Krul was also seconds from a special clean sheet against his old club until Jonjo Shelvey cut inside Grant Hanley to grab a scant consolation. But can Norwich serve up a repeat against Chelsea under new management?
You may also want to watch:
Frank Lampard will bring his side to Carrow Road for a Saturday lunchtime televised kick-off bidding for a first competitive win after one point from their opening two Premier League tussles and a penalty shoot-out defeat to Liverpool in the Uefa Super Cup.
All those topics from the Magpies' win were discussed, as well as a look ahead to Chelsea, with Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt in our regular Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies