PICTURES: Leitner fit to join in with City’s training session
- Credit: Tony Thrussell
Moritz Leitner was back out on the pitches at Colney on Thursday morning as Norwich City geared up for the Premier League trip to Burnley.
The playmaker was one of a number of senior players missing through injury for the epic 3-2 home win over champions Manchester City.
Leitner had fluid on his calf suffered in the defeat at West Ham prior to the international break but was prt of the group who started the session on a sunny morning at the club's training hq.
Grant Hanley was also part of the group but none of the club's other injury absentees from the victory over the Citizens were involved in the early part of the session.
Fellow midfielder Mario Vrancic (calf) was not part of the training group on Thursday while Timm Klose (knee), Max Aarons (ankle), Christoph Zimmermann (foot), Tom Trybull (ankle) and Onel Hernandez (knee) are longer term absentees.
You may also want to watch:
- View the best images from Thursday's training session
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit