PICTURES: Leitner fit to join in with City’s training session
- Credit: Tony Thrussell
Moritz Leitner was back out on the pitches at Colney on Thursday morning as Norwich City geared up for the Premier League trip to Burnley.
The playmaker was one of a number of senior players missing through injury for the epic 3-2 home win over champions Manchester City.
Leitner had fluid on his calf suffered in the defeat at West Ham prior to the international break but was prt of the group who started the session on a sunny morning at the club's training hq.
Grant Hanley was also part of the group but none of the club's other injury absentees from the victory over the Citizens were involved in the early part of the session.
Fellow midfielder Mario Vrancic (calf) was not part of the training group on Thursday while Timm Klose (knee), Max Aarons (ankle), Christoph Zimmermann (foot), Tom Trybull (ankle) and Onel Hernandez (knee) are longer term absentees.
You may also want to watch:
- View the best images from Thursday's training session
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 City Q&A - with Paddy Davitt
- 3 Gill recalls 'surreal' derby Day encounter
- 4 City ace left out of Euro 2020 opener
- 5 David Freezer: Perfect transfer strategy key to City's self-funded survival model
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 7 A-Z: Time for a clear-out at Burnley?
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leeds also interested in Gunn
- 9 ‘Definitely was not easy’ - City striker on distressing win
- 10 My Favourite Game: Munich away just tops them all