City now open for business. Key 2019/20 Premier League transfer dates
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Norwich City’s Premier League transfer window is officially open.
The Canaries have already been linked with dozens of potential new recruits, both at home and abroad, since returning to the big time after a three year absence following their Championship title win.
But domestic top flight transfers can now be completed from today (May 16). Prior to this date, City or any of the other confirmed 18 clubs who are part of the 2019/20 Premier League could only agree potential signings but the paperwork can now be processed.
The overseas summer transfer window opens on Tuesday, June 11 2019 as part of Fifa's transfer matching system (TMS) for international transfers.
City have until 5pm on Thursday, August 8 2019 to complete their summer transfer business, ahead of the Premier League kick off that coming weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Clubs will still have the ability to sell or loan players to other leagues whose transfer windows are open after August 8, such as to Leagues One and Two in England, whose window will be open until 5pm on Monday, September 2 2019.
The Football League voted to mirror the closing date and time for the Premier League's summer 2019 transfer window for clubs in the Championship only.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 10 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- City will find out their 2019/20 Premier League fixtures on Thursday, June 13 2019 at 9am.