Premier League football and 1,400 less miles on the clock. Full steam ahead for City’s travelling support
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Another upside to Norwich City’s Premier League promotion is fans will have much less travel around the top flight to follow Daniel Farke’s champions.
Aston Villa's Championship play-off win at Wembley against Derby County on Monday completed the make up of the 2019/20 Premier League season.
City fans will find out on June 13 exactly when and where they are going, with the release of the fixtures, but to go to all 19 Premier League away games next season will mean a total of 6,710 miles of travel, based on a starting point from Carrow Road.
That compares much more favourably with eight extra league games and the 8,018 miles required to watch every thrill and spill on the club's Championship title march over the past nine months.
The Canaries face some mouthwatering trips to the likes of champions Manchester City and Champions League finalists Liverpool and Tottenham.
You may also want to watch:
Newcastle will be the longest away league trip of the upcoming campaign (518 mile round trip) with West Ham (223 miles) and Spurs (224 miles) among the shortest.
Norwich miss out on their bogey ground at Fulham while Cardiff was always one of the longest hauls of the season, but both clubs head to the Championship in the opposite direction.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance