PRESSER LIVE: Preston v City - Massive Zimbo injury blow
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship game at Preston - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Christoph Zimmermann is ruled out for this weekend, and potentially the rest of the season, after suffering a hamstring tendon injury on Monday.
That news comes after fellow centre-back Ben Gibson was already ruled out for the season after suffering ankle ligament damage in the last game prior to the international break against Blackburn.
Farke is now sweating on the return of his international contingent. None of the eight who featured for their respective countries on Wednesday have yet returned to the club.
Farke revealed the squad plan to train later on Thursday prior to leaving for Preston.
The likes of Tim Krul, Orjan Nyland and Onel Hernandez have arrived safely and returned negative Covid test results.
Farke confirmed both Lukas Rupp (hamstring) and Adam Idah (hernia) remain sidelined. Rupp saw a specialist prior to the Blackburn game, while Idah underwent surgery but Farke is hopeful they will be back in the mix for the run in.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 5 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 10 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
Sam Byram (hamstring) and Michael McGovern (hamstring) are longer term absentees. McGovern is scheduled to re-join team training this month.
Moritz Leitner is not part of the plans.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the press conference in the window below, with full reaction and build up to City’s game against Preston throughout the rest of the day on pinkun.com