Norwich City NOT interested in Callum Robinson
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Reports Norwich City is lining up a £6m move for Preston North End’s attacker Callum Robinson are false.
Sky Sports News claimed on Saturday morning City were ready to swoop for the Republic of Ireland international, who notched 12 goals and provided three assists for Alex Neil's side in 27 Championship appearances last season.
Preston's official twitter feed, however, wasted little time later on Saturday confirming they have no bids 'on the table' for any of their players.
That tallies with the view from inside Carrow Road, with no bid made and the Canaries not planning to make any future move for the 24-year-old.
City's rumoured interest would appear designed to whip up speculation around the highly-rated Robinson, who is under contract at Deepdale until 2020.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich have brought in Patrick Roberts on loan from Manchester City for the Premier League campaign, while Swiss international Josip Drmic will officially become a Norwich player on July 1.
But Robinson is not on City's transfer wish list.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
The former Aston Villa trainee can operate anywhere across the frontline, but was used predominantly down the left flank last season.
He featured in the 2-0 Carrow Road league defeat last season but missed the Deepdale return game which was Norwich's only defeat on the run in to promotion.
The pacy wide player failed to make the grade at Villa Park and has spent the past five seasons at Deepdale, although he only completed a free transfer in 2016 after a series of loan deals.
Daniel Farke's squad return for pre-season training on Monday as they prepare for the big kick off at Liverpool on August 9.