Norwich City NOT interested in Callum Robinson
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Reports Norwich City is lining up a £6m move for Preston North End’s attacker Callum Robinson are false.
Sky Sports News claimed on Saturday morning City were ready to swoop for the Republic of Ireland international, who notched 12 goals and provided three assists for Alex Neil's side in 27 Championship appearances last season.
Preston's official twitter feed, however, wasted little time later on Saturday confirming they have no bids 'on the table' for any of their players.
That tallies with the view from inside Carrow Road, with no bid made and the Canaries not planning to make any future move for the 24-year-old.
City's rumoured interest would appear designed to whip up speculation around the highly-rated Robinson, who is under contract at Deepdale until 2020.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich have brought in Patrick Roberts on loan from Manchester City for the Premier League campaign, while Swiss international Josip Drmic will officially become a Norwich player on July 1.
But Robinson is not on City's transfer wish list.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 8 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
The former Aston Villa trainee can operate anywhere across the frontline, but was used predominantly down the left flank last season.
He featured in the 2-0 Carrow Road league defeat last season but missed the Deepdale return game which was Norwich's only defeat on the run in to promotion.
The pacy wide player failed to make the grade at Villa Park and has spent the past five seasons at Deepdale, although he only completed a free transfer in 2016 after a series of loan deals.
Daniel Farke's squad return for pre-season training on Monday as they prepare for the big kick off at Liverpool on August 9.