Pukki injury blow for Canaries - Preston North End v Norwich City press conference RECAP
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s FA Cup third round tie at Preston North End - and we had all the key lines first from Colney.
The Canaries get a breather from the struggle for Premier League survival, but standing in the way of cup progress is former boss Alex Neil.
Preston have their own priorities to juggle, with a poor festive period seeing them drop out of the top six in the Championship.
Farke confirmed star striker Teemu Pukki is likely to miss the cup tie and the Premier League resumption at Manchester United, after departing in the closing stages of the New Year's Day 1-1 Premier League draw against Crystal Palace with a hamstring issue. The City head coach also revealed at Colney the Finn is still troubled by the toe problem damaged at Leicester prior to Christmas.
Dennis Srbeny (back) is also out for the cup trip to Preston while Josip Drmic is still on the comeback trail from a hamstring problem of his own.
You may also want to watch:
Farke provided a full fitness update on the other players who featured for the bulk of the festive period,
Ralph Fahrmann (hamstring) is definitely ruled out for the cup tie. Ben Godfrey (knee) and Timm Klose (knee) remain longer term injury absentees.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 7 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 10 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
Patrick Roberts' loan switch to Middlesbrough was confirmed on Thursday. But the City chief confirmed he has no plans to use the likes of Rocky Bushiri and Louis Thompson at Preston after their loan spells away from the club were cut short in recent days.
- Recap the key lines in the window with full reaction and build up to City's FA Cup duel against Preston throughout the day on pinkun.com