Ralf Fahrmann poised to cut short Norwich City loan - reports
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ralf Fahrmann could be set for a surprise move to Norwegian club SK Brann after failing to oust Tim Krul as the Canaries’ number one.
Fahrmann is not involved in Wednesday night's FA Cup tie at Tottenham, with head coach Daniel Farke confirming on Tuesday he will not be considered this week for 'personal reasons'.
Now Norwegian newspaper 'Aftenposten' suggest Fahrmann has already travelled to Bergen to firm up a proposed move to the First Division club. With the domestic season in Norway set to start in April, it reports Fahrmann has until the end of this month to seal a move, with the Canaries' consent.
The 31-year-old Schalke 04 keeper originally moved to Carrow Road on a season long loan deal last summer but has made just three appearances.
Fahrmann's partner has recently taken to social media to hint they were looking forward to a return to Germany.
You may also want to watch:
Farke, speaking at Colney on the subject on Tuesday said: "He was not available for Leicester, he will not be available for Tottenham and he will not be available for Sheffield United. It is for personal reasons."
Fahrmann is under contract at Schalke 04 until 2023 but the Norwegian media do not state whether the proposed switch is another loan or a permanent transfer.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 9 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest